DEDICO - Developing digital competencies through free and open source software
DEDICO aimed at spreading awareness of free and open source software (FLOSS) as a valuable alternative to proprietary software among individuals, professionals, and educational institutions, in order to foster the growth of digital competencies.
Main activities implemented were:
- sharing experiences between partners about using FLOSS educational tools, or educational activities about FLOSS for professional or personal use;
- recruitment of a transnational group of learners;
- creation of a curriculum for adult learners focused on basic competencies, e.g. FLOSS advantages and disadvantages, FLOSS alternatives to commonly used software packages; ways to migrate from proprietary to FLOSS platforms, using FLOSS for basic computing tasks, etc.;
- classroom-based courses about basics skills in using FLOSS and cooperative learning tools;
- creation of a virtual classroom and implementation of an ODL program;
- creating and fostering a transnational community of users about "FLOSS for business and personal development".
Educational activities were mainly delivered as elearning, using fora and videoconferences for boosting interaction between learners and teachers, and also eportfolios to value and record educationa lachievements.